Financial Director Job Description
The Financial Director is a crucial strategic and operational role at the heart of a business.
Working closely with the CEO or MD, the Finance Director assumes full responsibility for all financial aspects of the company’s business. This involves analysing financial performance, advising the Senior Management Team on these findings and implementing recommendations to achieve the most profitable results for the business.
A Finance Director is an outstanding accountant, possessing exceptional commercial acumen and strategic business insight. As an operational leader, the Finance Director will support the various business divisions, guiding them in planning and managing their departmental budgets.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
The Financial Director is accountable for day-to-day operations and long-term strategy. They will be asked to:
- Implement robust financial systems
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting and planning process
- Support senior teams to create growth strategies and plans
- Forge strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Advise the CEO and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial performance
- Lead and motivate the finance team
- Prepare annual accounts
- Control all financial and accountancy matters including month end reports, management accounts, cash flow management, statutory accounts, compliance, presentation of management information and KPIs
- Support the business through change and growth periods, coordinating corporate finance, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Ensure the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
The Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional commercial acumen and business knowledge
- Outstanding communication skills with people at all levels and an ability to influence
- Pro-active, decisive, adaptable with an ability to manage high levels of pressure
- Fully qualified (ACCA/ CIMA / ACA) and highly experienced