Financial Accountant Job Description
The role of Financial Accountant is to prepare financial reports in order to assess the financial performance of the business.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for assisting the business to implement efficient and diligent financial practices.
The Financial Accountant is heavily involved in the day to day running of the company accounts, with the responsibility of making observations of the financial state of the organisation.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
Financial Accountant responsibilities:
The Financial Accountant can be tasked with any or all of the following duties:
- Examine and analyse financial information
- Present findings (written and verbal) to senior management and Directors
- Support business profitability and growth through findings and recommendations
- Prepare month end and year end reports
- Cash flow management
- Analyse current accounting systems, making suggestions for enhancements where needed
- Ensure the business follows all required legislation
- Supervise and lead a team
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Liaise with external auditors
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Prepare all relevant financial reports
- Reconciliation accounts
- Maintenance of balance sheets
The Ideal Candidate:
- Commercially astute and a dynamic, strategic thinker
- First-rate analytical skills, with the ability to present findings to people across departments
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)