Financial Controller Job Description
A Financial Controller is a role of substantial responsibility and accountability. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Financial Director, or Chief Financial Officer, this position involves a broad spectrum of operational responsibilities and requires a wide range of knowledge and experience.
The Financial Controller is tasked with overseeing the extensive variety of duties undertaken by the finance department, including setting targets and supporting individual departments to create and maintain their budgets.
The role of a Financial Controller is to maintain all financial systems, identifying areas that require improvement and implementing necessary changes to support business development.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
A Financial Controller’s daily duties may include the following activities:
- Supervise the preparation of month-end accounts and VAT returns
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Budget analysis
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel
- Oversee the preparation of year-end statutory accounts
- Managing, mentoring, and motivating the accounts team
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Undertaking financial analysis and reporting
- Ensuring robust financial systems and proce…………………………………………TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
We hope our template is helpful. If you’re thinking about a career change or looking for that perfect Accountancy professional, contact one of our expert Accountancy recruiters today.
Video: Financial Controller Job Description
Please see our video below for an overview of what should be included in a financial controller job description: