Accounts Assistant Job Description
An Accounts Assistant is an essential position in a company’s accounting department. The accounting team is responsible for maintaining an efficient, organised and accurate finance function for the business and the Accounts Assistant is responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations such as sales and purchase ledgers and basic bookkeeping.
The Accounts Assistant will typically report into the Finance Manager or Accountant and the role will include helping the team of accountants with junior accounting tasks.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
An Accounts Assistant will normally be expected to undertake a broad range of duties and responsibilities, which can include:
- Maintaining spreadsheets for the department
- Managing petty cash
- Working with sales / purchase ledger
- Credit control
- Preparation of accounts
- Managing the department’s post
- Writing and handling cheques
- Processing sales orders
- Reconciliation of finance accounts
- Processing invoices & expense forms
- Following and using Acco……………………………………………TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE