Management Accountant Job Description
A Management Accountant is an integral position within the finance department. The key function of this role is to analyse financial information and implement effective strategies to enhance overall business performance.
Combining both accounting and management skills, the Management Accountant has overall accountability for preparing, developing and applying findings from financial reports. Responsibilities include maintaining financial policies and management information systems, alongside establishing effective communication channels to inform management on all aspects of company finance.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
Management Accountant responsibilities:
The duties of a Management Accountant can include the following:
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making
- Produce month end and year end journals
- Prepare statutory and management accounts
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process
- Manage capital expenditure
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Lead, manage, guide and motivate a team
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations
- Accountability for cash flow and produ……………………………TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE