Payroll Job Description
The Payroll Manager or Payroll Officer’s role is to provide a competent, effective and timely payroll function for the business. The Payroll Manager is required to process company payroll on a monthly or weekly basis, ensuring all information and records relating to payroll are up to date.
A Payroll Manager must be pro-active, organised and efficient to successfully support the business. Additional finance or HR responsibilities may form part of the role, depending upon the business.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
Duties of a Payroll Manager can include any or all of the following:
- Process payroll as per company requirements
- Monthly / weekly distribution of staff wages via BACS or cheque
- Maintain payroll records
- Ensure processes and procedures follow current regulations
- Respond and resolve queries from employees and management relating to payroll
- Calculate wages and deductions
- Regular usage of payroll systems, including data compilation and input
- Liaison with HMRC
- Develop the payroll function to ensure it continues to meet business needs
- Calculate tax and NI commitments
- Set up and process new employees
- Issue tax forms to staff
- Check hours and calculate ov………………………………………………………..TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE