Bookkeeper Job Description
The role of Bookkeeper is to record all company spending, including purchases, invoices and sales and provide accurate information on company outgoings for the purposes of filing accounts.
A Bookkeeper will be organised, efficient and skilled at keeping track of the various types of spending by the company. The position involves using relevant accountancy software and, typically, a Bookkeeper will be tasked with managing the balancing of accounts.
Depending on the size and structure of the business, a Bookkeeper could either report directly to the business owner or be managed by an Accountant / Finance Manager as part of a team.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
Accountable for delivering an accurate trail of company spending, the Bookkeeper is responsible for the variety of activities that can include:
- Daily usage of financial processes, enhancing and updating where needed
- Management of sales ledger
- Maintaining accounts, verifying and posting transactions
- Balancing accounts on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis
- Recording client assets and handling investments
- Managing client invoices & payments
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and banking contacts
- Working closely with accountants to prepare VAT returns
- Preparing schedules, stateme…………………………………………………………..TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE